Many moms would really love to change their little girl’s wardrobe from time to time. However, this is quite difficult for some moms especially now that times are hard and the cost of living has really shot up. All is not lost for moms who want affordable yet beautiful girls clothing.
The following are tips that you as a mom can use to save some money and still have your little girl looking stylish:
1. Check Out Consignment Shops – Make a point of checking out consignment shops. The number of hidden treasures you will find in these shops is astounding especially if you spare a little more of your time looking. Most moms do not throw or give away gently used infant and toddler girls clothing. Instead, they sell them to consignment shops. Some of these clothes have only been worn once, twice or have never been worn before. So you can be sure that they are still very new.
2. Wait For Sales – If you have a favorite store where you buy clothes for your girls, it is recommended that you wait up for sales. Discounts go as far as 70% to 80 % for many items during major sales. The clothes you have been eyeing may be among these items. It’s always good to try out your luck.
3. Check Out The Clearance Rack – Items from clearance racks are always cheaper. Ensure that you check out the seasonal girls clothes from previous years. They are usually placed on the clearance racks.
4. Make The Dresses – If you are good with thread and needle, you can custom make your girls’ clothes. This needs a little creativity. You can add laces, beads, and sequins here and there to make an epic dress for your girls.
5. Check Out Unisex Clothing – Girls’ attires tend to be more expensive compared to boys attires. You can check out unisex clothing like sweaters jeans and t-shirts on the boys’ racks instead of picking them from the girls’ racks.
6. Buy Clothes A Season Ahead – Buying clothes a season ahead also helps save money. It is advisable to buy a size or two bigger when going for cheap clothes for your little girl. This will ensure that your child does not outgrow the clothes even before she gets a chance to wear them.
7. Shop Online – If you love online shopping, you can check out from time to time. You will always get brand new girls clothing going for very affordable prices. Other sellers also sell their products at affordable prices because of the low manufacturing cost. However, this does not mean that their clothes are of poor quality.
8. Discount Coupons – As much as they are troublesome to keep, try and save your discount coupons whenever you get them. By doing this, you get instant savings for the next shopping purchases.
If you consider these cost-saving tips while buying your girls clothing, you will find that you save a lot of money to use for other needs in your home. Try them out and you will find yourself using them over and over again.